Tea Smoked Duck with Lime Hoisin Sauce
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 6
½ cup dark brown sugar
¼ cup Chinese 5 spice
Pepper to tasteHoisin Lime Sauce
2 cup Hoisin sauce
½ cup fresh limejuice
½ cup grape seed oil
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp fresh minced gingerSmoke Pouch
1 cup green tea leaves
2 cup riceDuck
4 whole boneless Muskovy duck breast skin on
1. To prepare the rub, mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.Hoisin Lime Sauce
1. To prepare the Hoisin sauce, mix all ingredients together and combine evenly.Smoke Pouch
1. To prepare the smoke pouch, mix the tea and rice together and place in a disposable aluminum container to fit your barbeque burner.
2. Place the smoke pouch of tea and rice over direct heat.Duck
1. Use a sharp knife to make crisscross patterned slashes through the fat of the duck breast to aid in rendering the fat and to allow the rub flavor to get in. Ensure you don’t cut into the flesh.
2. Rub the rub mixture all over the duck evenly. Place the rubbed duck in a sealable bag to marinate overnight. The next day, remove duck from refrigerator and discard any excess marinade.
3. Preheat barbeque to 220F (104C) set for low smoking. Leave one burner on and 2 burners off. Place a drip pan under the side without heat.Place the smoke pouch of tea and rice over direct heat. Place duck breasts over the drip pan and smoke for 30 minutes for medium rare. Baste the duck 2 or three times with the Hoisin lime sauce while cooking. Remove duck from barbeque tent loosely with foil and let rest 15 minutes before serving. Slice thin and serve with Hoisin lime dipping sauce.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site