Thai Beef and Baby Bok Choy Stir-fry with Peanut Sauce
- serves 4
12 oz sirloin beef strips (375g)
4 oz extra firm tofu, cut in strips (65g)
8 oz baby bok choy, cut in half (250g/about 6)
2 cup snow peas, tipped and tailed (500ml)
1 cup baby corn (250g)
3 Tbsp chopped peanuts (45ml)
1 Tbsp chopped parsley (15ml)
1 Tbsp chopped cilantro (15ml)
1 tbsp + 2 tsp canola oil (25ml)
freshly ground black pepperPeanut Sauce
½ cup smooth or crunchy peanut butter (125ml)
2 Tbsp packed brown sugar (30ml)
3 Tbsp soy sauce (45ml)
1 garlic clove, minced
½ tsp toasted sesame oil (2ml)
5 dash hot pepper sauce, or to taste (5 dashes)
½ cup warm water (125ml)Adults: Children:
1. In a nonstick skillet stir-fry beef strips in 1 tbsp. oil for 3 minutes. In another nonstick skillet stir-fry tofu in 2 tsp. oil until crispy. Add bok choy to each skillet and cook until slightly wilted, about 2 minutes. Add snow peas and cook for 2 minutes or until crisp tender.
2. Add peanut sauce to each skillet and toss to coat.
3. Season with salt and pepper.Peanut Sauce
1. In a double boiler melt peanut butter. Whisk in brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil and hot pepper sauce.
2. Whisk in warm water gradually until desired consistency. Reserve.Adults:
1. Add baby corn and garnish with chopped cilantro.Children:
1. Garnish with chopped parsley and chopped peanuts.