Thai Chicken Peanut Saute
- prep time 10 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 4
4 (about 1 lb/454 g) chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
2 teaspoons (10 mL) garlic, chopped
2 teaspoons (10 mL) ginger, chopped
½ carton (240 mL) CAMPBELL'S® Stock First™ Chicken Stock
4 tablespoons (30 mL) peanut butter
2 tablespoons (30 mL) coconut milk
½ teaspoon (2 mL) chili flakes, dried
¼ cup (60 mL) cilantro, chopped
¼ cup (60 mL) green onions, chopped
½ red pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons (30 mL) shredded coconut, un-sweetened
1 tablespoon (15 mL) lemon juice
1. In a preheated large, non-stick pan over medium-high heat, brown chicken breasts. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
2. Using the same pan, add garlic and ginger and sauté for 1 minute. Add stock to pan to deglaze, scraping any brown bits from pan and return to a simmer.
3. Add peanut butter, coconut milk and chili flakes to pan and return to a simmer.
4. Return chicken breasts to pan and cook covered for 10 – 12 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro, green onions, red peppers, lemon juice and shredded coconut.
5. Transfer chicken to a serving platter or plates and spoon sauce over chicken.