Thai-Italian Spring Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce
- prep time 0 min
- total time 5 min
- serves 4
4 Tbsp organic crunchy peanut butter
1 ripe Sicilian blood orange, juiced
1 tsp aged balsamic
1 Tbsp maple syrup
pinch hot chili flakes
1 Tbsp waterThai-Italian Spring Rolls
2 sirloin steaks, sliced into thin strips
¼ cup low-sodium tamari
2 Tbsp maple syrup
2 knob fresh ginger, crushed with garlic press
2 clove garlic, crushed with garlic press
1 thai chili, sliced
10 basil leaves, torn
8 rice paper sheets
8 leaves Boston lettuce, spine removed
1 sweet yellow pepper, julienned
2 carrots, julienned
2 scallions, julienned
2 baby cucumbers, seeds removed, julienned
½ cup sundried tomato, julienned
¼ cup fresh coriander
2 tsp canola oilShkiaffing it Together
1. In a bowl, mix together the peanut butter, water and blood orange juice for 1 minute or until emulsified.
2. Add the aged balsamic, maple syrup, blood orange zest and chili flakes to the bowl and mix well.Thai-Italian Spring Rolls
1. In a big bowl, combine the tamari, maple syrup, ginger, garlic, thai chili and basil. Add the steak slices to the bowl and mix well to coat. Cover the bowl, let it marinate in fridge for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Heat the canola oil over medium heat.
3. Add the marinated sirloin strips and sauté for about 3-4 minutes. Do not overcook.Shkiaffing it Together
1. Lay out a clean tea towel.
2. Fill a bowl with luke-warm water. Dip the rice paper into the water one at a time for about 15 seconds.
3. Gently lay the rice paper onto the tea towel and then flip it over so that the excess water is removed from both sides.
4. Mentally divide the rice paper into 4 equal horizontal bands. In the second band from the bottom lay down your ingredients: 1 leaf of Boston lettuce, a thin row of carrots, sun dried tomatoes, beef, scallions, yellow peppers and cucumbers. Do not over-stuff the spring rolls. Sprinkle the filling with fresh coriander.
5. Fold the first band over the filling, tuck in the sides and delicately roll up.
6. Cut the spring rolls in half and serve with peanut dipping sauce on the side.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site