Thai Shrimp and Citrus Salad
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
2 Mandarin Oranges
2 Mangoes (Remember these are hard to find ripe so buy in advance and let ripen in a paper bag)
2 Roma Tomatoes
1 ½ pounds Shrimp Cooked, De-Veined with Tails (675 gms)
2 teaspoons Prepared Garlic (In a jar)
1 tablespoon Desiccated Coconut
4 Green Onions
2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 ½ teaspoons Prepared Ginger (From a jar)
1 ½ tablespoons Fish Sauce
3 tablespoons Lime Juice
2 tablespoons Peanut Satay Sauce
2 teaspoons Sweet Chili Sauce
1 Head Green Leaf Lettuce
½ cup Smashed Peanuts
¼ cup Fresh Cilantro
4 - 6 Whole Grain Buns
1. Take out equipment and ingredients.
2. Peel oranges and cut into thin segments. Place in a medium size salad bowl.
3. Peel mangoes and cut into long narrow strips. Add to bowl as you cut.
4. Chop tomatoes into chunks and add to bowl as you chop.
5. Add shrimp, scatter with garlic and coconut.
6. Finely chop green onion, adding to bowl as you cut.
7. Whisk brown sugar, ginger, fish sauce, lime juice, peanut satay sauce and sweet chili sauce together in a small bowl.
8. Drizzle all over shrimp salad. Toss until everything is well coated.
9. Wash lettuce leaves and place on individual serving plates or bowls, frilled side out.
10. Top with shrimp salad.
11. Smash peanuts with a hammer in a clean folded tea towel and chop fresh cilantro.
12. Scatter peanuts and cilantro over each plate of salad.
13. Serve with whole grain buns. For perfect warm buns from the oven, heat oven to 350ºF, turn oven off and toss buns in to warm.