Thai Shrimp with Asparagus and Mushrooms on Rice
- serves 4
1 ½ cup basmati rice
3 cup water
2 tsp peanut oil
½ cup red onion
1 Tbsp fresh ginger
Zest from 1 lime
8 stalks asparagus
½ yellow or red pepper
1 lb(s) (450 g) cooked large prawns, de-veined with tails on
¼ cup chicken broth, low-sodium
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp Thai or Vietnamese Hot Chili Sauce (Optional)
1 cup cilantro
1 papaya or mango
1. Take out equipment and ingredients.
2. Combine rice and water in a large microwave-safe pot with lid. Microwave at high for 10 minutes, then medium for 10 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a large fry pan at medium heat. Silver onion and add to pan.
4. Grate ginger and add to pan.
5. Grate lime and add zest to pan. Toss to mix.
6. Rinse asparagus and snap off bottom ends.
7. Cut asparagus, pepper, and mushrooms into bite size pieces, adding to pan as you cut.
8. Add prawns to pan. Toss.
9. Add chicken broth, lime juice and soy sauce. Toss and cook until heated through.
10. Add hot sauce if you like your food spicy.
11. Chop cilantro and add to pan just before serving.
12. Serve prawn mixture over a bed of rice and garnish with chunks of papaya or mango.