Thai Spring Rolls
- prep time 1 min
- total time 25 min
- serves 12
Delicious spring rolls filled with pork, mint and rice noodles.
Emily Richards Canadian Living Cooks
1 lb. pork, tenderloin
5 oz thin rice noodles, softened
2 large carrot
½ cup fresh mint, shredded
½ cup fresh cilantro, shredded
24 rice paper, wrappers
1 small head Boston lettuceGarlic Marinade
3 Tbsp fish sauce
2 cloves minced garlic
2 Tbsp honey
1. Place pork on foil-lined baking sheet; brush on garlic marinade. Roast in oven for about 25 minutes or until pork is slightly pink inside. Let cool; cut into thin 1 1/2–inch long slices.
2. In large bowl, toss together pork, rice noodles, carrots, mint and cilantro.
3. Fill wide shallow pan with hot water and spread dish towel out on work surface. Dip rice wrapper into water for about 3 seconds, until softened, and place it in front of you on towel.
4. Place lettuce leaf on lower third of rice wrapper. Arrange 2 tablespoons (25 mL) of the noodle mixture on lettuce. Fold bottom edge over the filling, tucking in sides; roll up into a tight cylinder. Place roll on platter and cover with a damp towel to prevent from drying out. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.Garlic Marinade
1. Mix together ingredients in a small bowl.