Directions for: The Greater Tater Salad
lb(s) (1.36 kg) mini thin-skinned white potatoes
slices reduced-salt bacon, chopped small
cup diced yellow onions
tsp minced garlic
cup finely diced carrots
cup finely diced celery
Tbsp minced fresh dill
green onions, finely chopped (with white parts)
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
cup chicken broth
Tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
Tbsp granulated sugar
Tbsp olive oil
tsp celery seed
1. Wash potatoes (don’t peel) and slice into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange in steamer basket and steam for about 15 minutes or until tender. Let cool to room temperature.
2. While potatoes are steaming, whisk together dressing ingredients and set aside until ready to use.
3. Cook chopped bacon slowly in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until it just begins to crisp. Add onions and garlic and cook until onions are tender. Add carrots and celery. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 3 more minutes. Pour warm bacon and vegetables over potatoes in a large bowl. Pour dressing over potatoes and toss gently to coat. Add dill, green onions and black pepper and mix again.
4. May be served immediately but tastes best when left to stand for an hour or two for potatoes to absorb dressing.
1. Whisk all ingredients together and set aside until ready to use.