The Greater Tater Salad
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 6
3 lb. mini thin-skinned white potatoes
4 slices reduced-salt bacon, chopped small
1 cup diced yellow onions
1 tsp minced garlic
7/10 cup finely diced carrots
7/10 cup finely diced celery
1 Tbsp minced fresh dill
2 green onions, finely chopped (with white parts)
Freshly ground black pepper to tasteDressing
½ cup chicken broth
3 Tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 Tbsp olive oil
½ tsp celery seed
½ tsp salt
1. Wash potatoes (don’t peel) and slice into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange in steamer basket and steam for about 15 minutes or until tender. Let cool to room temperature.
2. While potatoes are steaming, whisk together dressing ingredients and set aside until ready to use.
3. Cook chopped bacon slowly in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until it just begins to crisp. Add onions and garlic and cook until onions are tender. Add carrots and celery. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 3 more minutes. Pour warm bacon and vegetables over potatoes in a large bowl. Pour dressing over potatoes and toss gently to coat. Add dill, green onions and black pepper and mix again.
4. May be served immediately but tastes best when left to stand for an hour or two for potatoes to absorb dressing.
5. Tip: If you don’t care for dill, you can substitute chopped fresh parsley.Dressing
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site