The Guilty Pleasure Burger
- serves 6 - 8
Courtesy of Chris W. Preston of Chuck's Burger Bar.
2 lb(s) ground bacon (available at local butcher)
½ lb(s) lean pork
6 - 8 fresh egg buns or sesame seed burger buns
12 - 18 slices medium Cheddar
tomatoes, sliced (optional)
onions, sliced (optional)
grainy mustard (optional)
1. In a medium stainless steel bowl, mix together ground pork and ground bacon until fully combined; separate ground mixture into 6-8 evenly-sized balls.
2. Press balls down firmly to create patties.
3. Place burger patties on dinner plates, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour to set.
4. Preheat grill.
5. Grill each burger until burger reaches an internal temperature of 160ºF, about 5-7 minutes per side.
6. Add two slices of cheese to each burger patty and continue grilling until cheese melts; remove burgers form grill and place on bun.
7. Dress burgers to preference with cheddar, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, mayonnaise, ketchup, and grainy mustard.