The Meatball Burger
- serves 4
This meatball patty is served up between two spaghetti noodle "buns", baked until crispy and served with Parmesan cheese and Parmesan cheese.
1 lb(s) spaghettini
1 Tbsp dried oregano and 1 tsp ground oregano
6 cloves garlic, finely minced
Salt and pepper
1 ¼ lb(s) ground beef
1 tsp dried basil
1 Tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
3 cups premade marinara, heated for serving
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
2. Cook spaghetti as per the directions until al dente. Drain the pasta and allow it to cool. Don’t rinse the pasta, as the extra gluten will help hold the shape while cooking.
3. Take the cooked pasta and add 2 eggs, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Portion the pasta into 6-8 equal portions.
4. Using a 5-inch metal ring mold take one of the portions and place into mold. Use a fork to twist the spaghetti; this will tighten the mold to help it stay together. Place on a greased sheet and remove the mold, leaving the spaghetti in a bun shape. Repeat for each portion.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown colour.
6. For the meatballs mix together the remaining egg, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, garlic, and Parmesan cheese. Combine this mixture with the ground beef. Separate into 4 equal portions and form desired patty shape.
7. Place in oven and cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 160ºF (72ºC), about 25 minutes.
8. To assemble; start with one spaghetti bun and add the meatball burger. Add marinara sauce and Parmesan cheese and top off with another spaghetti bun.