Three Cheese Vegetarian Quiche with Tossed Salad
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
Cooking spray (non cholesterol)
1 small, chopped onion
1 chopped green pepper
10 sliced mushrooms
1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli (optional)
1 deep dish lower-fat frozen pie shell
½ cup grated low-fat Cheddar cheese
4 to 5 large eggs
½ cup 1% milk
fresh ground pepper to taste
¼ cup grated low-fat Cheddar cheese
¼ cup grated Gruyere cheese
¼ cup grated low-fat mozzarella cheeseTossed Salad
1 head green leaf lettuce (or bagged romaine)
1 unpeeled apple, cored and cut into bite sized pieces
3 tablespoons low-cal creamy Italian dressing
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Spray large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray. Place at medium-high heat.
3. Add chopped onion, green pepper, mushrooms and broccoli. Sauté about 1 minute.
4. Grate and sprinkle ½ cup Cheddar cheese in bottom of pie crust.
5. Whip egg whites until frothy. Add yolks, milk and pepper. Mix together until well blended.
6. Pour into pie crust over first layer of cheese.
7. Add sautéed vegetables and three cheeses.
8. Bake for 50 minutes or until top is golden brown and inserted knife comes out clean.Tossed Salad
1. Rinse lettuce and spin dry. Refrigerate in bowl until ready.
2. Wash apple just before serving. Add to salad bowl.
3. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat just before serving.