- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 6-8
34 lady fingers
2 cup espresso
2 oz rum
1 oz triple sec
6 Tbsp sugar
500 g mascarpone cheese, room temperature
1 cup crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
4 oz semi-sweet chocolate, gratedAssembly
1. Add rum and triple sec to espresso.
2. Lay lady fingers in a shallow pan and ladle the coffee mixture over the cookies. Cookies should be well soaked but not too soft.
3. Separate egg whites from yolks and whisk whites until stiff.
4. Add six tablespoons of sugar to yolks and whisk.
5. Add yolk/sugar mix to mascarpone cheese and mix until smooth. (Don’t over-mix. It should be fairly thick but still pourable).
6. Fold the meringue into mascarpone mix.Assembly
1. Grease 10-inch spring form pan with butter and line with crushed chocolate sandwich cookies.
2. Place half of the soaked lady fingers on top of the crushed chocolate sandwich cookies to form a solid layer (cut to shape as needed).
3. Pour half of the mascarpone mix on top of the lady fingers.
4. Sprinkle cinnamon, cocoa and half of the grated semi-sweet chocolate on the mascarpone.
5. Repeat steps 2, 3, and 4.
6. Chill in fridge before serving or freeze and thaw in fridge when serving is desired.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site