Tomato Couscous with Black Olives and Basil
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 4
1 cup couscous
1 ½ cup tomato juice
1 17 oz can chickpeas, drained
½ cup Calamata olives, pitted and chopped
1 bunch basil leaves, sliced thinly
Salt and pepper
1. Put couscous into a medium sized bowl.
2. Heat tomato juice to a simmer and pour over couscous.
3. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and allow to steam for 10 minutes, until couscous is tender.
4. Remove plastic and fluff with a fork.
5. Stir in chickpeas, olives, basil and season with salt and pepper.