4 cup small (1 inch/2.5 cm) cauliflower florets (1/2 head)
2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
4 clove garlic, peeled
1 Tbsp butter, melted
350 g fresh or frozen tortellini
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
½ tsp dried thyme or basil
Salt and pepper
2 cup milk
¼ cup freshly grated Canadian Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
2. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss cauliflower florets, tomatoes and garlic with butter; spread out evenly, placing garlic pieces to one side of the sheet. Roast for about 20 min, stirring twice (without mixing in garlic), until cauliflower and garlic are browned and tender and tomatoes have burst open.
3. Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling water, cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and set aside.
4. Whisk flour, thyme and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each, salt and pepper into Milk. Pour into pasta pot and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Reduce heat and boil gently, whisking, for about 3 min or until thick. Remove from heat. Mash garlic and stir into sauce then stir in remaining roasted vegetables. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Divide tortellini among serving bowls and spoon vegetables and sauce over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.