- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 0
1 bunch green onion, chopped
2 shallots, roughly chopped
6 cloves garlic, chopped
1 bunch parsley leaves and stems, roughly chopped
½ cup vegetable oilTrini-Style Chicken with Plantain
1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
1 cup sugar
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ white onion, small dice
1 green chili, sliced in half, length-wise (optional)
1 unripe plantain cut in half, length wise and chopped
4 plum tomatoes, chopped
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
½ cup chicken stock
1 cup cilantro, leaves picked
½ cup white wine vinegar
¼ cup water
½ stick cinnamon
1 shallot, sliced in ¼ inch pieces
2 jalapenos, seeded and sliced in ¼ inch pieces
1 tablespoon sugar
1. Place all ingredients in food processor and puree.
2. Transfer to a container.Trini-Style Chicken with Plantain
1. Marinate chicken in ½ of Amise Marinade for a maximum of 24 hours.
2. In a wide based pan, heat sugar and vegetable oil over medium to high heat.
3. Swirl until sugar caramelizes and turns brown, approximately 7-10 minutes.
4. As soon as sugar caramelizes, add chicken skin side down.
5. Allow chicken to brown on all sides approximately 5 minutes.
6. Add onions, chili, plantain, tomato and worcestershire sauce, stir.
7. Add chicken stock, bring to a boil.
8. Add other ½ of Amise Marinade, reduce to medium heat.
9. Cook for 30-40 minutes, season with salt and remove from heat.
10. Garnish with cilantro before serving.Pickled Topping
1. In a small pot, heat white wine vinegar, water and cinnamon stick, bring to a boil.
2. Add shallot, jalapeno and sugar, remove from heat.
3. Season with salt, hold in vinegar for 10 minutes.
4. Discard cinnamon stick and strain liquid, reserving pickled shallots and jalapenos for Plantain Gratin.