Truffled Poached Eggs with Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus, Mimosa Vinaigrette Hollandaise
- prep time 30 min
- total time 45 min
- serves 4
5 egg yolks
1 cup (250 mL) warm clarified butter
2 Tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
salt and pepperMimosa Vinaigrette
¼ cup (60 mL) white wine vinegar
1 Tbsp (15 mL) minced shallots
1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
¾ cup (175 mL) canola oil
2 Tbsp (30 mL) minced chives
2 hard boiled eggs, grated
salt and pepperProsciutto-Wrapped Asparagus
12 slices prosciutto
12 thick white asparagus spears, trimmed and peeled
12 thick green asparagus spears, trimmed and peeledTruffled Poached Eggs
4 large eggs
1. Put yolks in a metal bowl set over a pot half full of simmering water and whisk until thickened, about 3 minutes, moving bowl on and off heat to ensure yolks do not cook.
2. Remove bowl from heat and whisk in butter a few drops at a time to ensure sauce doesn’t separate, then whisk in lemon juice, season with salt and pepper, and keep sauce warm until ready to serve.Mimosa Vinaigrette
1. Whisk together vinegar, shallots and mustard, then slowly whisk in oil to emulsify.
2. Stir in chives and eggs and season to taste with salt and pepper.Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus
1. Cut prosciutto in half crosswise, then using half a piece, wrap around one asparagus spear. Repeat process with remaining prosciutto and asparagus, then place on rimmed baking sheet and roast in preheated 400 degrees Fahrenheit oven (200 degrees Celsius) until prosciutto is crispy and asparagus is fork tender, about 15 minutes.Truffled Poached Eggs
1. Line a ½-cup ramekin with a piece of plastic wrap large enough to cover bottom and extend over sides, then break an egg into dish and place 2 drops of truffle oil over egg.
2. Gather up plastic wrap to form a pouch and tie closed with butchers’ twine. Repeat process with remaining eggs.
3. Set eggs in a pan of simmering water and poach until white is set, about 6 minutes.
4. To Plate: On each of four plates, lay down 3 white and 3 green asparagus spears. Lightly dress 4 cups frisee lettuce leaves with mimosa vinaigrette and mound on top of asparagus, then spoon over a little more vinaigrette. Top frisee with a rounded-side-up poached egg, spoon over a little Hollandaise and, if desired, garnish with shaved slices of black truffle and serve immediately.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site