Tuna Sandwich with Capers and Truffle Oil
- prep time 0 min
- total time 20 min
- serves 20
2 1 pound tuna fillet
1 ½ cups olive oil
peel of 1 orange
peel of 1 lemon
2 bay leaves
1 clove garlic, smashedTruffle Oil Vinaigrette
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
½ cup plus 1 tbsp olive oil
3 small shallots, finely diced
3 tablespoons capers, drained
3 tablespoons truffle oil
Poached Tuna, flaked
Truffle Oil Vinaigrette
25 small buns, cut in half
2 ½ cups baby arugula
1 ½ cups celery leaves
1. Heat all ingredients, except for tuna in a pot over low heat.
2. Season tuna with salt, place in pot and poach until cooked and tender, approximately 15-20 minutes.
3. Remove allow to cool, flake tuna and set aside for assembly.Truffle Oil Vinaigrette
1. Place all ingredients in a bowl, whisk to combine and set aside.Assembly
1. In a bowl, mix Truffle Oil Vinaigrette with Poached Tuna.
2. Spoon on buns, garnish with baby arugula and celery leaves, serve.