Turkey and Cauliflower Shepherd's Pie
- prep time 20 min
- total time 120 min
1 heads cauliflower, roughly chopped
2 clove garlic
¼ tsp sea salt
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oilFilling
1 lb. ground turkey
1 yellow onion, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
2 carrots, diced
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 cup soup stock
1 cup kale, finely chopped (optional)
2 Tbsp grapeseed or avocado oil
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Place roughly chopped cauliflower in a pot with about ½ cup water. The water should not cover the cauliflower, just enough so that the cauliflower will steam. Cover the pot and place on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes until cauliflower is soft.
3. Once cauliflower is steamed throw it in a food processor with garlic, sea salt and extra virgin olive oil. Blend until smooth. If you don’t have a food processor then mash with a masher or a fork.Filling
1. Place a sauté pan on medium heat and pour in 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or avocado oil. Add the onion, carrots and celery and saute for 5-7 minutes until onions are really translucent.
2. Add the ground turkey and cook until browned. Use the back of a spoon to break up the turkey and mix around so it is evenly cooked.
3. Add the tomato paste, Dijon mustard, and soup stock. If the broth is low sodium, add a pinch of sea salt.
4. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
5. Oil a casserole dish and layer in the turkey mixture and then spread the mashed cauliflower on top. Use a fork to texture the top of the cauliflower. Bake for 40 minutes.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site