Turkey and Cider Stew with Raclette
- prep time 20 min
- total time 60 min
- serves 6
1 7/10 cup (750 g) turkey breast, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes
1 flour seasoned with salt and pepper
2 Tbsp (30 ml) butter
1 large onion, chopped
2 clove garlic, chopped
1 cup (250 ml) cider
1 ½ cup (375 ml) low-sodium chicken broth
3 sprig fresh rosemary or ½–1 tsp (2–5 ml) dried rosemary
1 pinch salt
1 pinch freshly ground pepper
2 apples, peeled and diced
¼ cup (60 ml) 35% cream
5 oz (150 g) Canadian Raclette, diced
1. Flour turkey cubes and shake off excess flour.
2. In large saucepan, melt butter on high heat and brown half of turkey cubes. Set aside in dish, and brown remaining turkey. Return first batch to saucepan.
3. Add onion and garlic. Cook 2 minutes.
4. Deglaze with cider and add broth.
5. Bring to a boil and add rosemary. Season to taste.
6. Let simmer on medium heat for 20 minutes.
7. Add apples and cream. Cook another 10 minutes.
8. Remove rosemary sprigs and adjust seasoning.
9. Incorporate Raclette just before serving so it doesn’t melt completely.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site