Turkey Meatloaf Sandwich
- serves 6
One bite of this divine, hearty sandwich will take you to culinary heaven!
1 ½ lb(s) lean ground turkey
1 small onion, minced
½ red bell pepper, chopped fine
2 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp fresh sage, chopped
3 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 whole egg
1 cup panko bread crumbs
salt and pepper to tasteToppings
6 individually cracked eggs, for frying
2 cup warm béchamel sauce
6 English muffins, sliced in half
12 slices plum tomato, approx. 1 cm thick
12 slices crispy cooked bacon
1. Preheat your oven to 380 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the meat loaf ingredients until fully mixed together. Place the meatloaf filling into a small bread loaf pan being careful to not have any air pockets in the meatloaf. Tip: Gently tap the loaf pan on the counter to assist with settling the filling.
3. Bake the meatloaf in the pre-heated oven for 45-50 minutes or until juices run clear.
4. Remove the cooked meatloaf from the oven and cover lightly with foil and allow it to rest 15 minutes.Toppings
1. While the meatloaf is resting, butter the English muffins with the softened butter and toast them in a pre-heated large skillet.
2. Once the muffins are toasted, remove them from the heat and set aside. In the same skillet, fry the eggs sunny side. Place 2 slices of the tomato with the cooked bacon on the bottom of each toasted muffin. Slice the meat loaf into 1 ½ inch slices and place one per sandwich. Top each sandwich with a 1/3 cup of the warm béchamel sauce and 1 sunny side fried egg. Place the remaining tops of the English muffins on the sandwich and server while still warm.