- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 6
1 Tbsp Vegetable oil (15ml)
1 cup thinly sliced Napa cabbage (250ml)
½ red pepper, finely chopped (half)
1 clove garlic, minced (1)
1 tsp minced fresh ginger (5ml)
¼ cup chicken stock (50ml)
1 14 oz pkg. cooked Udon noodles (400g)
2 cup bean sprouts (500ml)
2 green onions, sliced on the diagonal (2)
1 cup packaged deep fried chow mein noodles (250ml)
1 tsp grated orange zest (5ml)Sauce
¼ cup plum sauce (65ml)
2 Tbsp soy sauce (30ml)
2 Tbsp mirin or red wine vinegar (30ml)
1 Tbsp fish sauce (15ml)
1 tsp toasted sesame oil (5ml)
1. In a large saucepan of salted boiling water cook noodles for 3–5 minutes, until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet. Add cabbage, pepper, garlic, ginger and orange zest and cook for about 1 minute. Add chicken stock and cook for 2–3 minutes, until vegetables are tender-crisp.
3. Add Udon noodles and reserved sauce and cook for 1 minute, or until heated through, about 2 minutes.
4. Add green onions and bean sprouts and stir to combine. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with deep fried noodles.
Tip: Broad egg noodles can be substituted.Sauce
1. In a bowl, combine plum sauce, soy sauce, mirin, fish sauce and sesame oil. Set aside.