Ultimate Caramel Latte
- prep time10 min
- total time 15 min
- serves 1
A super easy way to whip up your own Caramel Latte (because the Pumpkin-Spiced Latte is SO overplayed) at home. Say goodbye to coffee shop line-ups!
Courtesy of Renee Reardin.
2 - 3 cups strong coffee
4 Tbsp vanilla syrup (3/4 cup sugar, 1 cup water, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract)
1 cup milk
4 Tbsp caramel sauce
Skor bits, for garnish
1. Start by making the coffee, adding an extra tablespoon of coffee or two, to make the coffee stronger than usual.
2. While the coffee’s brewing, you can get started on the vanilla syrup. In a small pot, mix 1 cup water with ¾ cup sugar. Bring to a boil (about 5 minutes), remove from stove and cool.
3. Stir in the vanilla extract. Refrigerate.
4. To get the milk frothy for the latte, heat it up in a small pot on the stove, but do not let it boil.
5. Blend the milk until frothy, about 2 minutes.
6. Pour the coffee into the mug along with the milk and vanilla syrup.
7. Add the caramel sauce.
8. Stir the drink to ensure all ingredients are mixed well together. Remember, the caramel is probably all sitting at the bottom, so make sure you get that too.
9. Add the whipped cream. Sprinkle on the Skor bits. Enjoy!