1. Combine flour, corn flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. Whisk dry ingredients together until they are well combined.
3. Mix soymilk and canola oil together in a measuring cup.
4. Slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients while whisking.
5. Whisk until no lumps remain.
6. Pour batter onto a waffle iron and let cook until golden brown.
7. Set waffles aside.
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl with a whisk until no lumps remain.
1. Whisk ingredients together in a small bowl and let sit for 5 minutes to curdle.
Fried Unchicken on Waffles
1. Pour canola oil in a pot and set on the stove on medium heat. Oil should reach 375 degrees Fahrenheit before you start frying. You can also use a deep fryer.
2. Take the frozen “chicken” breasts and drop them into the buttermilk coating both sides.
3. Using your fingers or a pair of tongs, lift the “chicken” out of the buttermilk and drop quickly into the dredge mixture. Coat both sides of the vegan chicken completely in the dredge.
4. Set dredged vegan chicken on a plate.
5. When the oil has reached 375 degrees Fahrenheit drop one piece of vegan chicken in carefully, and let fry until the dredge turns golden and the tip of the vegan chicken starts to float (around 4 minutes).
6. Set aside on a plate lined with paper towel.
7. Fry each piece of vegan chicken separately so as to not crowd the pot and cool down the oil.
8. To serve, put one waffle on each plate and top with your desired amount of fried chicken.
9. Drizzle with maple syrup and top with vegan butter if desired.