Veal Cutlet Sanga (Sandwich)
- serves 4
This mouth-watering sandwich, packed with authentic Italian flavours, is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your table!
8 milk-fed veal cutlets
2 cup panko
1 splash milk
1 cup flourGremolata
3 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1 cup parsley, picked, washed and finely chopped
zest of 2 lemonsTo Finish
2 cup tomato sauce
buns of choice
salt and pepper
100 g Parmesan cheese, shaved
1. Dredge the veal cutlets and place on a plate in the fridge until ready to serve.Gremolata
1. Mix the above ingredients together and reserve in a small dish.To Finish
1. Deep fry the cutlets at 350ºF (180ºC) until golden brown.
2. If you do not have a deep fryer at home, you can just pan fry the cutlets as follows:
3. Heat a heavy-based skillet and add 1 tsp oil. Place the crumbed cutlets into the pan and cook until golden brown on one side; flip and repeat.
4. Place cutlets on paper towel. Slice buns in half lengthways and coat the inside of the buns with the tomato sauce. Place 2 cutlets in the rolls with a little sauce in between the cutlets. Sprinkle generously with gremolata, and place a little shaved Parmesan cheese on top.
5. Season with salt and pepper.