2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 oz 6-8 oz. veal tenderloin
2 Tbsp butter
2 sprig thyme
1 clove garlic, crushed
salt and pepper
2 Tbsp butter
2 shallots, sliced
2 clove garlic, sliced
4 cobs corn, kernels removed, cobs reserved
1 cup 35% cream
1 pinch turmeric salt
water, to adjust consistency if necessary
1 Tbsp butter
1 shallot, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cup bluefoot mushrooms, cleaned
2 cup golden chanterelles, cleaned
2 Tbsp thyme, finely chopped
2 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
2 large shallots, thinly sliced into rings, separated with fingers for even frying
vegetable oil for frying
6 slices bacon, diced
2 large Russet potatoes, julienned 1/4" thick using a mandolin (cook immediately after)
½ cup vegetable oil for frying
Peas and Watercress
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup freshly shucked peas, blanched and shocked in ice water
1 bunch watercress
1. Preheat oven to 475F.
2. Heat vegetable oil in a cast iron pan over high heat.
3. Season veal tenderloin, place in pan and sear on all sides.
4. Add butter, thyme and garlic.Tilt pan and using a spoon, baste melted butter over veal.
5. Place in oven for approximaetly 5 minutes until medium rare.
6. Remove from oven, place on a cutting board, tent with foil and rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
1. Heat butter in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add shallot, garlic and corn kernels. Season with salt and toss.
2. Add cream and cobs to pot, simmer for 10-15 minutes.
3. Remove cobs, transfer corn mixture to a blender. Puree on high, leaving a hole for steam to escape on top of blender.
4. Strain through a fine sieve, place in a small pot over low heat. Adjust consistency with water if necessary, if too thick.
5. Add turmeric, taste to adjust seasoning and stir. Keep warm until assembly.
1. Heat butter in a large pan over high heat.
2. Add remaining ingredients except for parsley. Sauté mushrooms until golden and tender, approximately 5 minutes.
3. Season with salt, add parsley and toss.
4. Set aside until assembly.
1. Fill ½ a large pot with vegetable oil and heat to 300F. Line a tray with paper towel.
2. Add shallots, gently stir using a skimmer for even cooking.
3. Once shallots are golden, approximately 2 minutes, remove and place on lined tray.
4. Season with salt, set aside until assembly.
1. Line a tray with paper towel. Place bacon in a small sauté pan over medium heat.
2. Cook until fat has rendered and bacon is crispy.
3. Place on paper towel-lined tray and set aside until assembly.
1. Line a tray with paper towel. Heat vegetable oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Spoon 4 equal amounts of julienned potato in pan. Pat down to form a circle 4" in diameter.
2. Flip once golden, continue to cook, approximatley 3 minutes per side.
3. Remove and place on a paper towel-lined tray. Season with salt, set aside until assembly.
Peas and Watercress
1. Heat olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat.
2. Add peas, season with salt, toss to warm.
3. Add watercress, toss until slightly wilted and set aside until assembly.
1. Spoon Corn Cream on bottom of plate.
2. Place 1 Potato Rosti on one side of plate.
3. Place approximately 1/4 cup of Peas and Watercress on top of Potato Rosti.
4. Lean 3-4 slices of Veal Tenderloin against Potato Rosti.
5. Spoon Mushrooms around plate.
6. Garnish with Crispy Shallots and Crispy Bacon, serve.