Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- prep time 10 min
- total time 23 min
- serves 24
½ cup virgin coconut oil
½ cup packed light brown sugar
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ¼ cup spelt flour
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup vegan chocolate chips or chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Beat the coconut oil and brown sugar together until smooth (electric beaters are best), and then stir in the applesauce and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, stir the spelt flour, cornstarch, flaxseed, baking soda and salt together. Add this to the sugar mixture and stir until blended, then stir in the chocolate chunks. Scoop teaspoonfuls of dough onto the baking tray, leaving 1 ½-inches between each cookie and press the cookie down a little.
4. Bake the cookies for 11 to 13 minutes, until they just begin to brown a little. Cool the cookies on the tray and then store in an airtight container.
5. The cookies will keep for up to 3 days.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site