Vegetable Medley Stew
- prep time 15 min
- total time 65 min
- serves 8
¼ cup (60 mL) butter
1 onion, diced
3 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp (5 mL) dried thyme
1 Tbsp (15 mL) tomato paste
½ heads cauliflower, roughly chopped
3 cup (750 mL) vegetable broth
2 carrots, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 zucchini, diced
1 can (796 mL) diced canned tomatoes, with juices
1 tsp (5 mL) salt
¼ tsp (1 mL) black pepper
1. In a large stockpot, heat 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of butter. Add onions, garlic, tomato paste and thyme. Cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are transparent.
2. Add in cauliflower and 2 cups (500 mL) of stock. Bring to a boil and cook for approximately 5 minutes, until cauliflower is soft. Purée with hand blender until smooth.
3. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of butter in a large sauté pan and add carrots. Cook for 2 minutes and add red bell pepper. Cook until carrots and peppers are caramelized.
4. Stir carrots and peppers into cauliflower purée along with zucchini and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
5. Add remaining stock and salt and pepper. Return to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
6. Cook for 20 minutes uncovered on a medium heat until stew has thickened.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site