Veggie or Beef Cheeseburgers with Cold Fruit and Veggies
- serves 8
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Prep Time: 20 minutes
1 tsp Olive Oil
½ of a Medium Size Onion
2 cup Mushrooms
2 cup Eggplant
of a Red and Yellow Pepper (Both colors really add a nice appearance)
¼ cup 1% Milk
⅔ cup Parmesan Cheese
⅔ cup Mozzarella Cheese
⅔ cup Bread Crumbs
1 Tbsp Prepared Garlic (From a jar)
1 bunch Red or Green Grapes (3/4 lb / 350 gms)
¾ lb(s) Cantaloupe (350 g) or any melon in season
2 Celery Stalks
1 Red and or Yellow Pepper
1 lb(s) (450 gms) Baby Carrots
2 ½ cup Broccoli Florets
Prepared Veggie Patties
4 Hamburger Patties, Prepackaged (Approximately 1 lb / 450 gms) Optional
4 slices Cheddar Cheese
4 - 6 Multigrain Buns
1. Take out equipment and ingredients.
2. Heat oil in a small nonstick fry pan at med-high.
3. Finely chop onion adding to pan as you cut.
4. Chop mushrooms, eggplant and peppers, in that order; into very small pieces adding to pan as you cut and stirring as you add. Sauté for approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand.
5. Combine the following in a large mixing bowl: egg, milk, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, bread crumbs, and garlic. Stir to completely combine.
6. Stir in mushroom mixture until completely combined.
7. Form into patties on waxed paper and set aside in fridge.
8. Meanwhile: Wash grapes, strawberries and the outside of cantaloupe.
9. Cut melon into bite size pieces.
10. Cut celery into sticks, sliver peppers and rinse baby carrots.
11. Rinse broccoli and cut into bite size pieces.
12. Place fruit and veggies on a serving tray.
13. Heat a large nonstick fry pan, sprayed with cooking spray at med-high.
14. Add veggie patties to pan and cook approx 5 minutes each side.
15. Place hamburger patties directly on grill next to veggie burgers and cook approx 5 minutes each side.
16. Top burgers with cheddar cheese, cover pan and remove from heat to let cheese melt.
17. Prepare your favorite toppings for the burgers.
18. Serve on buns with anything you choose.
19. Freeze any burgers you don't eat, for another time.