Walnut Chocolate Brownies
- serves 12
Brownies –everybody’s favourite! Toasting the walnuts before baking the brownies adds more dimension and flavour. Remember, the longer you bake your brownies, the “cakier” they become, so bake to your liking!
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup cocoa powder
1 ¾ cup sugar
4 egg, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
⅔ cup walnut pieces, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and grease an 8 x 11 inch baking pan.
2. Melt butter (over stove or in microwave) and pour into a larger bowl. Sift cocoa into butter and stir in. Stir in sugar.
3. Add eggs to mixture, blending well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt (do not sift). Add to cocoa mixture and blend. Stir in walnuts.
5. Pour into pan and bake for 35 minutes, until firm when touched.