Warm Broccoli Salad
- serves 0
1 head of broccoli
1 generous splash of toasted sesame oil
1 tsp shaved ginger
1 splash of Soya sauce
1 pinch of chili flakes
1 clove of finely chopped garlic
1. With a potato peeler shave the outer skin off the broccoli stalks and cut the tops off.
2. Cut the broccoli stalks into thin sticks (like celery sticks) and break the tops into smaller bite-sized pieces.
3. Put a pan on medium heat and coat the bottom with toasted sesame oil.
4. When the pan is hot, add the broccoli (listen for the sizzle!)
5. Lightly toss and add shaved ginger, a splash of Soya sauce, a pinch of chili flakes and finely chopped garlic.
6. Continue tossing until the broccoli is cooked but is still a little crisp.
7. Garnish with a sprinkle of crushed almonds.