Warm Potato Salad with Crab and Swiss Cheese
- prep time 10 min
- total time 25 min
- serves 6
8 cup (2 L) baby potatoes, quartered
2 cup (500 ml) crab meat, northern shrimp or cooked fish
1 ½ cup (375 ml) Canadian Swiss, grated
½ cup (125 ml) 15% or 18 % cooking cream
2 Tbsp (30 ml) fresh parsley, chopped
1 tsp (5 ml) salted herbs
1 Freshly ground pepperTips
1. Cook potatoes in a large saucepan filled with salted boiling water.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix crab and 1 cup (250 ml) of Swiss. Reserve.
3. In a small saucepan, heat cream and melt remaining ½ cup (125 ml) of Swiss to make dressing.
4. Add parsley, salted herbs and pepper. Remove from heat.
5. Once potatoes are cooked, drain and quickly rinse under cold water.
6. Drain once more and add them to crab and Swiss mixture.
7. Pour dressing onto potatoes, toss, and serve at once.Tips
1. Cheese alternatives: Canadian Gouda, Cheddar, Provolone.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site