Warm Potato Salad with Crab and Swiss Cheese
- prep time10 min
- total time 25 min
- serves 6
This yummy salad is easy to make and can be ready in less than 30 minutes!
8 cup (2 L) baby potatoes, quartered
2 cup (500 ml) crab meat, northern shrimp or cooked fish
1 ½ cup (375 ml) Canadian Swiss, grated
½ cup (125 ml) 15% or 18 % cooking cream
2 Tbsp (30 ml) fresh parsley, chopped
1 tsp (5 ml) salted herbs
1 Freshly ground pepper
1. Cook potatoes in a large saucepan filled with salted boiling water.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix crab and 1 cup (250 ml) of Swiss. Reserve.
3. In a small saucepan, heat cream and melt remaining ½ cup (125 ml) of Swiss to make dressing.
4. Add parsley, salted herbs and pepper. Remove from heat.
5. Once potatoes are cooked, drain and quickly rinse under cold water.
6. Drain once more and add them to crab and Swiss mixture.
7. Pour dressing onto potatoes, toss, and serve at once.
8. Tip: For some cheese alternatives, try Canadian Gouda, Cheddar or Provolone.