Warm Salad of Blue Fin Tuna, with Black Beans, Tomato and Coriander
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 1
1 100 gram blue fin tuna steak (middle loin and skinned)
50 grams cooked black beans (see cooking recipe)
20 grams small capers
50 grams diced tomato (tomatoes must be ripe and the skin removed)
30 grams cooked green beans cut in half
10 grams diced lemon segment
30 grams samphire grass
30 grams sea asparagus
10 grams coriander leaves
1 dash extra virgin oil
1 dash mature balsamic vinegar
freshly ground black pepper
1. Soak beans in cold water for 24 hours.
2. Place into pan and cover with fresh water.
3. Add 1/4 of a chopped onion and 1 sprig of thyme.
4. Place on low heat until the beans are soft in texture but still retain their shape.
5. Remove from liquid and cool.For the Dish To Assemble
1. Seal the tuna on a hot griddle for one minute on each side until rare.
2. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice and reserve.
3. Place the black beans, tomato, capers, green beans, samphire, coriander and lemon segment in a bowl and mix together.
4. Season with salt, pepper and sugar then add a splash of olive oil and balsamic.
5. Place a heaped mound of the mixture into the middle of a large plate, carefully slice the warm tuna into three slices and arrange on top.
6. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic around the tuna and sprinkle over the coriander leaves.