White Bean and Rosemary Dip
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
2 cups canned white beans (500 ml)
½ cup vegetable broth (125 ml)
8 cloves garlic, peeled
2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh (30 ml)
4 bunches rosemary
salt and pepper, to taste
Crusty pita bread, for serving
extra virgin olive oil, for garnish
sprig of rosemary, to garnish
1. In a small sauce pan combine water and garlic and bring to a boil and then simmer. Then immediately drain. Set garlic cloves to the side until needed.
2. Place the beans in a food processor, add garlic cloves, lemon juice and puree until smooth, adding as vegetable broth as necessary for a thick, spreadable or dippable consistency. Season with coarse salt and pepper.
3. Gently stir the bean dip with the rosemary bunches for about three minutes, or until the dip is fragrant with the scent of rosemary. Discard the rosemary.
4. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish by drizzling extra virgin olive oil on top and putting a rosemary sprig in the center.
5. Place crusty pita chips around the dish.