White Bean Salad with Patty Pan Cups
- serves 0
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup sliced leeks (white and light green parts only), washed
1 19 oz tin, navy beans, rinsed
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
⅓ cup dry white wine
2 Tbsp brunoise (very finely diced) red bell pepper
salt and pepper
24 mini Patty Pan squash
1. To prepare patty pan squash, blanch in salted boiling water until just tender, about 2 minutes.
2. Shock in ice water to halt cooking and drain. Scoop out tops with a melon baller, to make room for filling. Chill until ready to fill.
3. For white bean salad, heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add oil.
4. Add leeks and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add beans, garlic and thyme and sauté 1 minute more.
5. Add white wine and simmer until almost all liquid has reduced. Stir in red pepper and season to taste. (Salad can be served warm or chilled for filling).
6. To fill, spoon a little bean filling into patty pan squash and chill until ready to serve.