White Chocolate Lemon Tart
- prep time 0 min
- total time 10 min
- serves 8
2 egg, yolks
⅔ cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons grated lemon, rind
½ cup lemon, juice
3 ounces white chocolate, choppedPastry
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon icing sugar
4 teaspoons cornstarch
¾ cup cold butter
1 tablespoon white vinegar
2 ounces semisweet chocolate, choppedPreparation
⅔ cup whipping cream
1. In bowl or top of double boiler over hot (not boiling) water, whisk together eggs, egg yolks, sugar and lemon rind and juice; cook, whisking frequently, for 10 minutes or until translucent and thickened to consistency of pudding.
2. Remove from heat; add white chocolate, stirring until melted.
3. Pour into clean bowl or airtight container; place plastic wrap directly on surface and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. (Lemon curd can be covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days.)Pastry
1. In large bowl, stir together flour, icing sugar and cornstarch.
2. With pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs with a few larger pieces.
3. With fork, lightly stir in vinegar until mixture is moistened; let stand for 20 minutes.
4. With floured hands, squeeze together small handfuls of dough just until mixture holds together.
5. Press evenly into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick layer on bottom and up side of 9-inch (23 cm) tart pan with removable bottom.
6. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until chilled. (Pastry can be refrigerated for up to3 days.)
7. Prick bottom of pastry shell all over with fork; bake in centre of 350°F (180°C) oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden. Let cool on rack.
8. In bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt semisweet chocolate, stirring occasionally.
9. Using pastry brush, coat inside of pastry shell with chocolate. Let cool.Preparation
1. In separate bowl, whip cream; using rubber spatula, fold half into lemon curd.
2. Fold in remaining whipped cream just until combined.
3. Pour into shell, swirling top.
4. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. (Lemon tart can be covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours.)