White Chocolate Passionfruit Sandwiches
The white chocolate passionfruit filling in this recipe is thick and ganache-like, and would make a great base in tarts as well.
Courtesy of Jackie Kai Ellis.
1 ½ cups (375 g) butter
zest off 1 lemon
1 cup (130 g) icing sugar
1 cup (140 g) cornstarch
2 cups (270 g) all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp fine sea salt
2 vanilla beans, scraped of its seedsWhite Chocolate Passionfruit Filling
3 cups (420 g) white chocolate, chopped
50 g butter
zest of 1 lemon
¾ cup (170 g) passionfruit purée
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1. In a stand mixer, combine butter, lemon zest, icing sugar, cornstarch, sea salt and vanilla beans and mix on low speed until everything is well incorporated.
2. Add the flour slowly and mix on low speed, being sure to scrape the sides of the bowl halfway through.
3. Using a small cookie scoop, portion the dough into rounds directly onto a parchment lined sheet pan. Each cookie should be about 1 Tablespoon (14 g) of dough.
4. Bake at 325°F for 18-22 minutes or until edges are slightly golden.
5. Allow the cookies to cool and pipe or spread White Chocolate Passionfruit filling between two cookies (recipe below).White Chocolate Passionfruit Filling
1. Melt chocolate over a double boiler or Bain Marie.
2. Take off the heat and using a spoon, add butter and mix well until shiny.
3. Slowly add the juices and mix well until smooth.
4. Cover and refrigerate until thick. Mix again prior to filling.