White Peppermint Truffles
- serves 60
Want to blow ‘em away at your next cookie swap? Try your hand at these minty, creamy little gems. They look like a millions bucks and couldn’t be easier to make.
Courtesy of DAVIDsTEA.
2 Perfect Spoonfuls (2 1/2 teaspoons ea.) Peppermint Amour tea
1 lb(s) white chocolate, chopped
½ cup heavy cream
shredded coconut (for coating)
confectioners' sugar (for coating)
crushed candy canes (for coating)
1. Place white chocolate in a medium bowl.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring heavy cream to simmer. Remove from heat.
3. Add tea to a DAVIDsTEA filter and place in the hot cream. Steep for 1 minute.
4. Remove filter and pour the cream mixture over the white chocolate. Let sit for 1 minute.
5. Using a rubber spatula, slowly stir the mixture until smooth and shiny.
6. Cover bowl and refrigerate until well chilled, about 4 hours.
7. Remove chocolate from refrigerator. Using a Perfect Spoon, divide chocolate into truffle-sized portions.
8. Using your hands, roll each truffle into a ball. Roll each ball in the coating of your choice and place on a baking sheet.
9. Place baking sheet in the refrigerator and chill until ready to serve.