1 large whole cauliflower, leaves removed
1 Tbsp (15 mL) roasted hazelnut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
Zest and juice of 1 navel orange
1 tsp (5 mL) sea salt
Ground pepper to taste
¼ cup (50 mL) coconut milk
¼ cup (50 mL) water
½ cup (125 mL) packed flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
⅓ cup (75 mL) roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
2. Place cauliflower, stem end down, in a large Dutch oven or deep casserole dish.
3. In a small bowl, mix oil, orange zest and juice, and saffron. Pour evenly over cauliflower, rubbing with hands to evenly distribute. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Bake, uncovered, for 40 to 45 minutes, or until tender (see note, below).
5. Remove from oven; pour coconut milk and water evenly over cauliflower. Return to oven and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with parsley and hazelnuts immediately before cutting into quarters and serving. Serve hot.
7. Note: If you prefer your cauliflower crisper, do the first baking (before the coconut milk) for 25 to 30 minutes instead of the full 45 minutes. As sizes of cauliflower vary, the cooking time varies as well. Start checking for doneness after 25 minutes and then continue to check at 5-minute intervals.