Whole Wheat Nachos
- prep time 15 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 24
3 6 ½ inch (16 cm) pitas
⅔ cup (160 mL) shredded Canadian Strong Cheddar
⅓ cup (80 mL) shredded Canadian Mozzarella
⅓ cup (80 mL) shredded Canadian Monterey Jack
3 Tbsp (45 mL) black olives, sliced
3 Tbsp (45 mL) tomatoes, diced
¼ cup (60 mL) sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
2. Cut pitas into 8ths and arrange onto baking sheet and bake for 7-8 minutes or until crisp. Let cool.
3. In a small bowl mix together cheeses.
4. Preheat broiler.
5. Spread half the chips out onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Top with half the olives and tomatoes, and 1/3 cup of the cheese. Repeat with remaining olives and tomatoes.Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese.
6. Broil for 3-4 minutes or until heated through and cheese melts. Slide nachos onto a serving platter and top with sour cream.