Wild Rice Risotto Terrine
- prep time 20 min
- total time 120 min
- serves 6
125 g red camargue rice
125 g wild rice
small knob of butter
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 clove of garlic – peeled and chopped
2 leeks – white part only – chopped
2 courgettes – coarsely grated
2 carrots – coarsely grated
350 g wild mushrooms roughly torn and chopped (save some back for serving)
500 g brown rice
175 mL of white wine
1 L warm chicken stock
50 g parmesan, grated
1 large handful of chopped parsley
1 large handful of chopped corianderDressing
extra virgin olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
bunch of parsley, and bunch of basil finely chopped
1. Cook the red rice for about 30 minutes and the wild rice for about 40 minutes (double the water to dry measurement).
2. In a big pan, heat some olive oil and the knob of butter and gently sweat the shallots, garlic and leeks for a few minutes.
3. Add the courgette, carrot and mushrooms and cook for another few minutes.
4. Add the remaining rice and stir, making sure it is coated with the oil and butter (add a little extra if necessary).
5. Pour in the white wine and when it has been absorbed start adding a little of the warm stock and stir until it has been absorbed by the rice.
6. Keep stirring and add the stock until the rice is cooked and all the stock has been absorbed – about 30 minutes.
7. Add the red and wild rice and with it another spoonful of oil.
8. Add the parmesan and stir through.
9. Add the chopped parsley and coriander and stir through.
10. Spoon the mixture into a greased terrine and allow to cool.
11. Mix the dressing ingredients together.
12. Turn out onto a serving plate, top with the remaining mushrooms and a handful of small freshly picked basil leaves and drizzle with the dressing.Dressing