Celebrate Canada Day by proudly showcasing our beautiful maple leaf on top of these creamy no-bake cheesecake bars. The addition of a red graham cracker base makes it even more patriotic, but the best part of this luxurious dessert is that it can be made ahead, leaving you more time for celebrating!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cool Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours, 30 minutes
Makes: 12 servings
1/ cup butter, melted
1 Tbsp red food colouring
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 1/2 tsp powdered gelatin
2 tbsp water
1/3 35% cream
16 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup sour cream
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup coarse red sugar
1. In a small bowl, whisk together butter and food colouring. In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter mixture. Mix until butter mixture is evenly distributed.
2. Pour into prepared pan and press evenly then set aside.
4. Line a 9-inch square metal baking pan with foil leaving a 2-inch overhang then set aside.
1. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water. Microwave on medium heat until dissolved, about 20 seconds.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl and using an electric mixer, whip cream then set aside.
3. In a separate bowl and using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until light. Add sugar, sour cream and vanilla and beat until combined.
4. Stir gelatin into cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped cream. Pour over crust, smoothing top.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
6. Using foil overhang as handles, remove cheesecake from pan and transfer from foil to serving plate.
7. Cut Cheesecake into 12 pieces.
1. Place 1 3/4 inch maple leaf cookie cutter in centre of each cheesecake piece.
2. Spoon rounded 1/4 tsp coarse red sugar into centre of cutter.
3. Using tip of knife, gently spread sugar to fill cutter. Remove cutter being careful not to disturb sugar.