1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch spring form pan with parchment.
2. To make the topping, heat butter in a small saucepan. Add in brown sugar and maple syrup. Cook over medium heat until sugar melts and a dark syrup forms, about 10 minutes. Transfer mixture to lined cake pan.
3. Cut bananas in half lengthwise. Arrange bananas cut-side down into the syrup.
1. To make the cake batter, combine butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
2. Add 1 egg at a time, then add vanilla. Beat until combined.
3. Add in bananas and stir well.
4. In a separate small bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda. Add to mixture and stir to combine. Do not over mix.
5. Pour batter over top of bananas then smooth the top into an even layer. Place in preheated oven until cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes. Release spring form and flip cake onto a serving plate so the bananas are on top.
Source and Credits
Recipe courtesy of Michelle Rabin