- prep time75 min
- total time 120 min
- serves 4
Souvlaki is made sliceable in this Greek-inspired pizza. Skip the food truck and whip up this simple pizza for a weekend lunch or weekday dinner.
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
½ tsp dried oregano
¼ tsp dried dill
¼ tsp saltPizza
1 lb(s) fresh pizza dough (homemade or store-bought)
Flour, for dusting
1 English cucumber, diced
2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 tsp red wine vinegar
¼ tsp dried dill
⅛ tsp ground black pepper
1 cup crumbled feta
½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
1. In an 8-x-8-inch glass or ceramic pan, add chicken, garlic, lemon juice, oil, parsley, oregano, dill and salt. Toss well to coat chicken, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, up to 1 day.
2. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Bake chicken (in same glass or ceramic pan, or transfer to a baking sheet) for 20 to 25 minutes, until juices run clear. Rest for 10 minutes.Pizza
1. Increase oven heat to 500ºF. Sprinkle a large cast iron skillet with flour. Cut dough in half and pace on a floured surface. Stretch dough as thinly as possible and add to prepared skillet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until browned on the bottom, puffed and crisp. Remove from pan and repeat with other half of dough. Transfer cooked dough to serving platter or keep warm in a low oven.
2. In a large bowl, mix cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, oil, vinegar, dill and pepper. Shred or finely chop chicken.
3. To serve, top cooked pizza with cucumber mixture, chicken, feta and olives. Slice and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Allison Day