This recipe is what the DUH in Duh-licious is all about! All you need are 5 ingredients, and you have yourself a 5 star dessert.
I made this tart over the holidays for a quick and easy dessert; you can make them in all size and shape pans for any occasion (…like Valentine’s day!)
– 4 T butter, melted
– 14 oz package sweetened shredded coconut, pulsed in a food processor
– 1/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1 1/4 cup heavy cream **approx 35% fat
– 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate (approx.56% cocoa), finely chopped. ** make sure you use a high quality chocolate, like Lindtt.
1. Pre-heat heat oven to 350. In a small sauce-pan, melt butter on low heat. Transfer to a medium- size, heat resistant bowl and add coconut– stir until well combined.
2. Press coconut mixture into bottom and up the sides of pan to form a crust, leaving top edges loose and fluffy (I used 2, 6? round spring pans; you can use any size).
3. Make sure you use a spring form pan, or a tart pan with a removable bottom to make it easy to pop out the tart shells. Bake on a parchment lined cookie sheet for 10-15 minutes until the tart is golden brown. If you find that the edges are cooking faster than the center, cover the edges foil to avoid burning.
4. Transfer to cooling rack and cook completely.
Chocolate Ganache Filling:
1. Bring cream and sugar just to a boil in a small saucepan
2. Pour over chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. Continuously stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is combined; at first it will look split, but as the chocolate melts it will come together.
3. Pour into coconut crust. Refrigerate until chocolate is set, 1 hour or up to a day. Garnish with chocolate decorations if desired.
Madalina Paul is the blogger behind Duhlicious, a food blog dedicated to creating and sharing unique and original recipes for great tasting food and featuring tutorials, food news, and culinary adventures.