Caramel Strawberry Shortcake
- prep time15 min
- total time 55 min
- serves 8
Whether on a camping trip or at a backyard barbecue, this easy and delicious strawberry shortcake will have everyone coming back for more.
2 cups (475 mL) all-purpose flour
¾ cups (175 mL) granulated sugar
2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
½ tsp (2.5 mL) salt
1 cup (235 mL) milk
½ cup (120 mL) vegetable oil
1 Tbsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
1 cup (235 mL) chopped mini marshmallows
16 Célébration Caramel Truffle Butter Cookies, chopped and divided
2 cups (475 mL) sliced strawberries
1. Whisk flour with sugar, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
2. Whisk milk with oil, eggs and vanilla in large bowl.
3. Whisk in flour mixture until combined.
4. Stir in 10 chopped caramel butter cookies.
5. Scrape mixture into a well-oiled 10-inch cast iron skillet, smoothing top.
6. Set pan over a grill on medium, lid closed, or on a campfire grill, covered, until a tester inserted into centre of cake comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes.
7. Immediately sprinkle with marshmallows.
8. Let stand to cool slightly, then top with remaining 6 chopped cookies and strawberries.
Tip: Shortcake can be baked in centre of a 350ºF oven, 40 min. Camping? For easy travelling and cleanup, whisk then store dry ingredients and prepared shortcake toppings in resealable bags.
Courtesy of Leclerc Cookies.