For the month of June, we’re doing a Chopped Canada Cooking Club Challenge using one of the show’s most popular mystery ingredients!
Since January, we’ve been watching the chefs on Chopped Canada get really creative with the mystery basket of ingredients. Now that we’re in the home stretch of the first season, it’s time to ask our viewers to get creative with a mystery ingredient.
And which one?
We want you to show us how to use Sriracha, that Thai hot chili sauce everyone loves, as an ingredient in your dish. (You might also know it as the “Rooster” sauce).
Food Network Canada blogger, Dan Clapson, made lime, coconut, chili sauced chicken wings using this ingredient. Read his blog post for more ideas on using this “over-used but under-utilized” hot sauce. Heed his advice to “think outside the bottle!”
Once you’ve made your dish, take a photo of it and send it to us for your chance to win.
Here’s how you can send us your entry:
1. Post your photo on Instagram and tag @FoodNetworkCA and include the hashtag #FNCcooks
2. Tweet us your photo by tagging @FoodNetworkCA and including the hashtag #FNCcooks
3. Like Food Network Canada on Facebook and post your photo on our timeline or send it in a private message
The winner will get autographed cookbooks from two of the Chopped Canada judges – Michael Smith’s Back to Basics and Roger Mooking’s Every Exotic.
And don’t worry – we won’t be timing you! You’ll have all the time you need to cook and plate your dish.
This month’s challenge will be open until Monday, June 30 at 9pm ET.
- Watch Chopped Canada: Just Desserts to see how the chefs in this episode used Sriracha.
- Read the Chopped Canada: Mystery Solved blog series on how to use mystery ingredients from the show.