These are hands down one of my favourite appetizers to serve at any social gathering. With the help of the smoked sausage, the rolls come together within 25 minutes! You can prepare them ahead of time and simply pop them in the oven to bake as guests begin to arrive. If Dijon mustard isn’t your jam, sub with equal parts cream cheese for a tangy filling.
Everything Bagel Smoked Sausage Rolls
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 12 rolls
1 sheet frozen all-butter puff pastry, thawed
6 smoked pork sausages, halved
¼ cup whole grain or Dijon mustard, plus more for serving
1 large whisked egg, for egg wash
1 Tbsp poppy seeds
1 Tbsp dried minced garlic
1 Tbsp dried minced onion
½ Tbsp white sesame seeds
½ Tbsp black sesame seeds
½ Tbsp flaked sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF . Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Roll out the prepared puff pastry and slice into 12 evenly sized squares.
3. Brush the centre of each square with mustard. Place the sausage on the mustard and trim the ends of the pastry to ensure the edges of the sausage will be showing.
4. Brush the left side of the square with egg wash and gently roll. Press the ends to seal. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining squares for a total of 12 sausage rolls.
5. In a small mixing bowl, toss together the garlic, onion, sesame seeds and salt.
6. Brush the top of each sausage roll with the remaining egg wash, and sprinkle generously with everything-bagel seasoning.
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown. Serve with additional mustard for dipping!
We’ve also rounded up 35 Last-Minute Party Appetizers That Are Beyond Easy and 20 Un-Brie-lievably Good Baked Brie Recipes.