For all the fried chicken lovers out there who are looking for a much healthier way to enjoy delicious chicken — this paleo Sriracha-honey oven-fried chicken is right up your alley. It’s spicy, sweet and savoury, extremely flavourful and there’s no deep frying or oil required.
Healthy Sriracha-Honey Oven-Fried Chicken
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
2 cups almond flour
1 tsp flaky sea salt
½ tsp black pepper
1 lb chicken breasts or thighs (4-5 pieces)
⅓ cup Sriracha hot sauce
⅓ cup pure honey
1 tsp garlic powder
Fresh chives or parsley, for topping
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt and pepper. In a smaller bowl, whisk eggs.
3. Dip each chicken breast in the whisked eggs, then coat with almond flour mixture and place on the lined baking sheet. Store any leftover almond flour mixture in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator. This can be reused within 3 days.
4. Transfer the chicken to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
5. In the meantime, combine Sriracha hot sauce, honey and garlic powder in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until the honey is melted and mixture is smooth. Turn off the heat and set the sauce aside.
6. When ready, take the chicken out of the oven, then turn the oven settings to broil. Using a pastry brush, brush the Sriracha-honey sauce on the surface of the chicken until coated. Place the chicken back in the oven and broil for 3-5 minutes.
7. When ready, top with fresh chives or herb of choice. Serve immediately.