If you put pepperoni and melted cheese on something, you’ve got about an 80 percent chance that it’s going to taste good. And these baked zucchini bites are a fun and healthier alternative to pizza.
Mini Zucchini Pizzas with Pepperoni
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
Tomato (seeds removed)
1. Cut your zucchini slices about half an inch thick.
2. To remove moisture, generously salt both sides and allow to rest in a colander for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 400F°.
4. After the zucchini has rested, wipe off salt and squeeze between paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
5. Place zucchini on baking sheet.
6. Spread a spoonful of pizza sauce on each slice, followed by some shredded cheese (I used cheddar), a slice or two of pepperoni, some tomato slices with seeds removed, and some slices of red onion.
7. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until cheese is melted and the top of the zucchini pizzas start to brown.
8. Garnish with fresh basil and serve!
Carlene and Bob Deutscher are the dynamic sibling duo behind BS’ in the Kitchen. While Carlene leans towards the sweeter side of things, baking up delicious desserts, you can count on Bob to cook up something savoury! Aside from blogging on BS’ in the Kitchen, Carlene works in marketing & communications, and sidelines as a lifestyle & wedding photographer, while Bob operates his own media company, with a focus on food photography, and videography!
Carlene and Bob Deutscher are part of the Lifestyle Blog Network family.